I started reading it because of sites like Lifehacker and 43 Folders - they offer productivity tips on how to do things. If you've never been, I'd highly recommend visiting both those places.
Those of you who already know about them, bask with me in our superior awareness of productivity.
OK are we through basking?
Good, because I have an admission to make - I'm not very good at Getting Things Done. I have a bunch of projects that are about 30-40% of the way done and just languishing.
- painting my Tyranid Army for Warhammer 40k
- the basement project, reorganizing part of it to have a rad desk with more than one monitor
- setting up my gym status for online payments
- the Health For The Ages Initiative
- the Chicago rat fighting league
- learning how to sew
Ah, children. The Dream Ruiners.
If my kids are anything like my projects, they'll all die in the first trimester, 33% done.
But it doesn't have to be that way! That's what Getting Things Done promises - stress free productivity! The ability to finish projects!
I'm about a third of the way through. I'll let you guys know when I finish it and my life becomes Super Organized.